Monday, May 31, 2010

A particularly easy (and satisfying) method for making crushed ice.

Since my next cocktail calls for crushed ice, I thought I'd share this super-easy way I've discovered to make crushed ice. My previous method was: buy something at whole foods. Ask for one of the little bags of ice they give you to keep your groceries cold on the way home. Voila! Crushed ice! Only there are a few problems, like the difficulty of getting the ice home without it melting into a huge clump of non-crushed ice. Also the fact that you can't just run to whole foods whenever you want a cocktail.

Enter method B:
1. Place a few cubes of ice in a gallon ziplock bag.
2. Place the bag on your countertop.
3. Beat the bag mercilessly with a rolling pin.

After a short time, you will have a bag of crushed ice. And probably a lot less pent-up agression.

Therapeutic.

No comments:

Post a Comment